Before you post/ comment:
- You want to ask how you can help. Don't make a post. There are a thousand posts of people from around the world asking this. Please use the search function. Also, See Megathread. Reposts will be removed.
- There is breaking news and you want to post it. Don't make a post. Use the search function to see if it was posted already, if it was, upvote that. Reposts will be removed.
- Do a search on the sub or read a few posts before posting questions. Many before you have asked the same. There is such a thing as stupid questions here. Try googling, don't make a post for them.
- Avoid reposts. Let's get important information to the top. Reposts will be removed.
- Low-effort posts, shit posts, repost memes etc will be removed without warning. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- No threats or harassment, no racism, no sexism, no slurs of any kind. No breaking of Reddit-wide rules or you will be permanently banned.
- Spam will be removed and spammers permanently banned.
- Flair your post after posting.
Fact check before posting. Engage in discussions in good faith.
Do not post fake news or sensationalized headlines. Refrain from posting speculative opinion. Posts without context or are pure speculative will be removed.
All posts about the other hong_kong sub or the sino sub will be removed immediately - we don't need to be providing a marketing platform for them and we don't need to be accused of brigading.
If you don’t see your post in new, please use the ‘message the mod’ function and link to it, we will look into it.
If you believe a post or comment violates Reddit site rules and needs to be looked into, please use the ‘report’ function. Don't report because you don't like what someone else says, only rule violations.
If you have anything else you’d like to communicate with the mods, please use the ‘message the mods’ function too, instead of messaging us directly/ individually, to ensure all mods have visibility.
Failure to follow any of the above may result in removal of your post/ comment and/or permanent ban from the sub, at the full discretion of the mods.
Planning to work in Hong Kong? Here's a community-compiled list of tips!
Some of our users have put together a document about what to do if you're travelling here for the first time. See it here!
We are a small subreddit, please do check the 'new' page for all the posts.
Obey Reddit's site-wide rules.
Use the message the moderators link to give feedback about moderation
Global meetup day 2019!